Tuesday 26 March 2013

Film poster analysis

Django-Unchained-PosterI decided to analyse a professional film poster to compare it with my own. The poster I chose to look at is for Django Unchained, a spaghetti Western dealing with the problems of the slave trade. The film is by Quentin Tarantino who tends to make violent films which is what we intended to do. The title is at the bottom underneath the characters which is what I have done with my poster. The names of the actors are above the title and there is a tagline at the top which I have done with my film as well.

However, there are some major differences between the two posters. The two main good characters are featured on the poster of Django with the bad character on the left. In my poster only the villain is featured on the poster. In the background of my poster there is a Hong Kong skyline, where as there is no background on the Django poster. Django deals with the problems of the slave trade, whereas my film is largely focused on a single person rather than a problem. This person is Hao Zheng who is featured on the poster, and I think this also explains why there are a few characters featured on the Django poster. Django wouldn't feature a background on the poster as the characters and the problem of slavery and the main features of the film, so the poster focuses on the characters with Leonardo DiCaprio's character representing the problem of slavery.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment