Tuesday 26 March 2013

Poster Ideas

The first poster idea
When planning out my poster I had two main ideas in mind. One of the ideas, my intial one, was fairly obvious with a title at the top and featuring the main character posing as the image. There wasn't going to be a background and the audience's attention was intended to be directly aimed at the main character. I would have quotes and various reviews surrounding the poster as there would be a lot of free space. The character would be wearing his sunglasses and clutching a gun. I was using genre conventions so that people would know it was a crime film.
My second idea was me trying to be a bit different. Instead of focusing on the main character which seemed like the obvious choice, I decided to focus on Hao Zheng. He doesn't appear all that much in the trailer meaning he is somewhat mysterious, but it is made clear that he is the enemy. Without him the gang wouldn't exist and there wouldn't be a plot for the film, so when looked at this way he is the most important character. The title in itself "Chasing the Dragon" is a reference to Hao Zheng and Nathan wanting to kill him. I had some good shots of the Hong Kong skyline that Howard had filmed for his abandoned project and I thought they would make a good background for the poster.

Second poster idea
The Hong Kong skyline

In the end I decided on the second poster as I thought it would be more interesting and less typical. I took elements of the first poster into account and decided to have quotes and reviews around the poster as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment