Thursday 21 March 2013

Magazine Cover

A2 film poster
For the second part of the task, we were required to create the front cover for a magazine featuring our film.
Total Film magazine

Here is the magazine cover. The font is plain and white, with the title "Big Screen" being embellished. Against the dark background I think the font is quite eye catching. I got a few ideas from an issue of Total Film magazine, and used a reel of screenshots from our film at the bottom like they did in their issue. I wasn't allowed to use different films as they weren't made by me, so I just used frames from our trailer.  Along the side I used the titles of films that were coming out soon, and in a bubble I included "Special interview the cast of The Hobbit". I used a picture of Matt posing with his gun as the main picture, and a transparent picture of Abdul in the background. 
AS Music magazine


The house style is similar to that of my AS work in which I made a music magazine. You can similarities in layout of the text and the frequent use of red, but ultimately I feel you can see the progression that has been made from AS to A2. The AS work is more simple, it is just a picture with words edited on the front, but in my A2 work I feel I made better use of photoshop and the tools it offers. The logo for the featured band "The Currawongs" was just a bird that I filled in black on Photoshop, whereas in my A2 work the logo for "Chasing the Dragon" is hand drawn and edited on Photoshop.
The Chasing the Dragon logo

No comments:

Post a Comment